Get the groundbreaking social networking app for shark sightings and education, SharkWatch!
In addition to you shark lovers, SharkWatch! is the go-to application for anyone curious about our ocean’s apex predator. Whether you’re a surfer, diver, researcher, beachgoer, or just interested to know about sharks nearby and around the world, SharkWatch! is your must-have app.
SharkWatch! users can:
- Share their shark encounters with other users of the app, as well as through email and with Facebook and Twitter friends.
- Browse through shark sightings posted by the SharkWatch! community.
- Find out which species of shark may get up close and personal at the local beach.
- Learn about documented shark attacks dating back to the 1800s.
- Peruse through beautiful images and detailed information for the various shark species, and more!
Whether you revere or fear sharks, you will find plenty to captivate your mind and curiosity in SharkWatch!
Position-Based Shark Sightings
• Want to know if sharks have been spotted in your neck of the woods? Just choose the "nearby" feature to list user sightings in order by distance from your current location.
• Check out encounters around the world by using the Map All feature.
• Each sighting includes associated images, details of the encounter, and a link to detailed information about the species of shark involved.
• If you've been fortunate enough to have had your own shark encounter, share your experience with the world by creating your own posting. Share your posting through email and with your Facebook and Twitter connections, right from the app!
Identify Shark Habitats
• Discover the types of sharks known to inhabit the waters by your current location.
• Easily navigate to detailed information and striking photos for each species.
• Change to landscape mode to open the Regional Map, the key to knowing worldwide shark distributions.
• The Regional Map is interactive, and will take you directly to the listing of species living in your area of interest.
• Read through the documented accounts of shark attacks that occurred throughout the world, dating back to the 1800s.
• The database is regularly updated to include the most recent attacks.
• Read detailed accounts of some of the most famous shark attacks in history, complete with images associated with each incident.
Like what you see? For more information about SharkWatch!, including FAQs, visit www.sharkwatchapp.com.
Feedback? Questions? Problems? Always feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.